Pendulums & The Art of Dowsing
Pendulums are personal tools that assist with decision making, healing, and are used for diagnostic purposes. They can aid in answering questions about various issues related to nutrition and health, or, people and planning. You may dangle a pendulum over a calendar to choose the best date for an event, or use one to select the best flower essence for your needs.
Pendulums act as a conduit to the subconscious mind. By asking the pendulum a question, you can by-pass conscious thought to access knowledge held in the subconscious. When you ask a question while holding a pendulum, an electrical impulse is sent to your brain, followed by a responding electrical impulse that is sent back. That impulse creates a micro-constriction of muscles, sending energy down your arm to the chain or string of your pendulum and creating motion. Since a positive or negative response is represented by different energy, we observe two totally different movements, one corresponding to the answer yes, and the other, to the answer no.
How to use a pendulum:
- With one hand, hold the chain or string of the pendulum so that the bob is positioned over the palm of your other hand.
- Take a deep breath, relax and calm your mind.
- Ask the pendulum to show you yes, either silently or out loud. The bob will start to move either back and forth, side to side, at a slant or in a circular direction.
- If the pendulum does not move, re-focus and ask the pendulum to show you more clearly.
- Agree that the motion means yes. To be sure, you may test the answer by asking a question that you know clearly the yes response to such as your name, then test it by asking it the wrong name to see what the response is.
- Ask the pendulum to show you no by repeating steps 1-5.
- Ask the pendulum to show you maybe by repeating steps 1-5.
- Once you are satisfied that you have a definite and different movement for yes, no and maybe, you are ready to begin. Establishing clarity takes a little time and practice, allow yourself to be patient.
- You may begin with simple questions, for example: Should I have this book? Is this the right tarot deck for me? Is this (------) to my greatest benefit? Does it support my highest good? It is helpful to be as specific as possible when forming your questions. Avoid emotional issues and questions about predictions until your skill level increases.
- Have fun. Be playful. Relax.
Pendulums come in many varieties. Wonderworks carries a wide selection made from natural crystals and gemstones.