The Gallery is a multifunctional venue which can be rented out for a variety of purposes including: Workshops, Presentations, Meetings, Social Gatherings or Receptions as well as to Artists for Exhibition purposes. We offer flexible scheduling and affordable rental rates starting at $50/hour. The space accommodates 10 - 30 people seated, and can hold up to 50 people for a social event.
- A newly renovated art gallery in an historical building in Baldwin Village
- Approximately 370 sq.’ with 2 natural skylights and high ceilings
- Nestled amidst great patio restaurants, cafés and shops.
- Access to The Gallery is through Wonderworks, wellness shop and bookstore
- Conveniently located, we are north of the AGO, south of University of Toronto, east of Kensington Market and west of Princess Margaret Hospital.
- TTC accessibility, Queen’s Park or St.Patrick subway (5 min walk)
- Ample parking available on McCaul Street, 1 min away.
- Free Wi-Fi
- High ceilings with 2 natural skylights
- Projection Screen
- Tiled bar/counter area with barstools
- Kitchen is equipped with fridge, sink, wine glasses, mugs, dishes, cutlery
- 30 Folding chairs, 2 fold out tables and 1 side table/desk available
- Sitting nook adjacent to the main gallery space
- Charming building with loads of character and warmth
- Available 7 days a week, during the daytime or evening
- Complimentary tea is available for anybody using the space.
Gallery Rental Fees – Workshops, Presentations or Special Events
- $50 per 1 hour
- $125 per evening (3 hours) or $200 (5 hours)
- $175 per half day (4 hours) morning or afternoon
- $275 per full day (avail between 9:30am – 5:30pm)
- $425 full day plus evening (max 12 hours)
- Discount Packages are available for multiple bookings as follows:
Evening Packages (eg. 6 – 9pm) $325 (pkg of 3) $625 (pkg of 6)
Weekend Package (Saturday & Sunday all day up to 6pm) $500
- *Discounts available for student and community groups. Contact us for details.
Gallery Rental Fees – Art Exhitibions
- $400 for 1 week
- $600 for 2 weeks
- $900 for 1 month
- Artists may organize their own opening, or for an additional $200 a wine and cheese reception can be provided for them. Openings are on Saturdays from 5 – 8pm unless otherwise requested.
- Artists have the choice of renting the gallery for solo or group exhibitions
Art Gallery Context: The Fleishman Gallery first opened in 2006 in Wonderworks at 79a Harbord Street. For 8 years we mounted exhibitions in a variety of mediums including photography, video, sculpture and painting as well as experimental projects in installation and performance art. The new gallery space at 25 Baldwin Street continues to work in a dynamic way with artists practicing in all media. As a DIY gallery space, artists have independence and flexibility with their exhibition choices as well as the benefit of professional gallery support. Director Rochelle Holt has been working with visual artists as a director and curator since 1998 in artist run, community based, and private gallery contexts.
Your Workshops, Presentations or Special Events can be advertised on the Wonderworks website, in our newsletter, and directly to our E-list of over 3000 subscribers if requested. This service is free if you book more than 1 event with us, otherwise you will be charged a nominal fee of $50 to advertise with us. Advertising art exhibitions with us is free.
Place a Booking:
- When you have dates in mind, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416 323 3131 or and we will check the availability for you.
- Bookings are made on a first come basis, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm any dates
- We accept all major credit cards, payments can also be made via debit, e-transfer, cash or cheque
- Renters are responsible for their own workshop or event registration if necessary.
Wonderworks on Baldwin
25 Baldwin Street (east of Spadina)
Toronto, ON, M5T 1L1
Ph: 416 323 3131 Toll Free: 1 800 329 0757